- West Harrison Maintenance Run
- Francis Lake, Sunrise Lake, Lookout Lake, Hale Creek
- Kenyon Lake Maintenance Run
Trail/Road/Site Clearing and repair
- Clear old trails for use
- Beware of safety of other recreational users and do not create spears that could injure quad riders or motorcyclist
- Look for opportunites to create trail loops where you can enter in one trail system and exit another to create variety for day trips or weekend trips
- Access areas that have been lost to overgrowth
- Selling the value of the Association and what we do to
- 4×4 clubs
- 4×4 group
Promoting the value of supporting the Association to
- 4×4 aftermarket suppliers
- 4×4 manufactures and dealers
- Corporate entities interested in supporting organizations that do good public works promoting recreation, health and the environment
- Other funds and foundations that can support us through grants.
- Pub Nights
- 50/50 draws
- Trail cleanups on FSR’s under urban pressure
- 4×4 Show and Shines
- Promotion of event to wheelers, wheeling clubs and other wheeling groups
- Soliciting prizes for raffle
- Organization at the show, organized parking in groups
- Coordination of corporate support
- Communication and logistics
Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Respect, treat everyone with respect, wheelers, government officials, other recreation users and environmentalists.
- Positive, remain positive in all interactions
- Polite, we leave lasting impressions beginning with the first impression
- Responsible, live our code of ethics
- Dependable, follow through on our word
- Don’t pick fights, either in person or online. We can present our view, argue our beliefs, express our opinions without attacking an individual. We lose respect as soon as we react in kind to an online attack, and not just of this one attacker but of the many others who read and do not write.
I’m sure you get the idea.
One of the goals of the Four Wheel Drive Association of BC is to represent ALL WHEELERS, not just some. We are to promote mud bogging by advocating by designated areas to do so in areas where it is already a popular activity. We are to promote rock crawling by advocating designated rock crawling areas where the activity is already popular. We are to promote access to trails and trail systems for our day trippers and our adventure wheelers or overlanders.
No one gets left behind is a good motto. We are not an exclusive entity, rather, we are fully inclusive of the entire wheeling community and we need to be responsive to all of these needs.