What is the Wheelers of Tomorrow?
The Wheelers of tomorrow is the 4WDABC's Youth Based Initiative that is hoping to be The Tread Lightly Program for our youth in BC
When we think about where our trails are going in the future, we think about gates, we think about forest fires, we think of public access to public land. Rarely do I hear reference to who will be the Wheelers of Tomorrow and how we can help ensure to leave a positive legacy that will continue to pay it forward and continue to build the strong Wheeling Family we have here in BC.
When youth are mentioned in and among our forums, it usually revolves around grad camps issues and perhaps a near miss or tragic events on our trails. This leads to many attempting to shame the youth, sometimes with unfortunate consequences, and a fair number of others saying that something should be done to educate our youth.
We invite you to both like the page and request to join the group.
Plans for after Covid
- Release the Teen Camping Brochure
- Volunteer Approval Process in Place
- Launch Youth Vehicle Learning Days
- Movie Night
- Big Brothers & Sisters/Community runs
- Father's Day Run
- Camp Out
- Easter Event
- Hale Creek Fathers Day Run
- Sea to Sky Big Brothers & Sisters Run
- Hale Creek Big Brothers & Sisters/Scouts Run
- Sea to Sky Family Run
- Nahatlatch Camp Out
- Family Picnic with Dunk Tank & Bouncy Castles
We are in the process of developing a formal volunteer process, details will be released when available.
- Social Media Manager
- Mechanic 101 Liaison
- Driver Training Liaison
- Develop Presentations and Materials
- Develop Video's
- Work with high schools to help teens gain volunteer hours
- Help Organize Events
- Help the Days of the events
Make a minimum $6 donation to the Wheelers of Tomorrow program and we'll mail you out a decal and tattoo.
Send an e-transfer to email@example.com with the Info "Wheelers of Tomorrow". Please be sure to include your name and mailing address..